Standard Components: – Mobile Agricultural Exhibits Trailer
- One (1) X 20’ gooseneck trailer (28’ total length) attractively wrapped to engage audiences and provide a
backdrop for the educational kiosks. The trailer is wired should electricity be needed for any of the
- Eight (8) educational metal kiosks which roll off the trailer and open up to display a variety of agricultural
exhibits intended to help the non-farm population learn more about farming and the source of their
food. Commodities may include beef, pork, sheep, grain, eggs, local food, technology or the
environment. Kiosks are interchangeable should a client wish information portrayed only on a few topics.
All kiosks will have information for audiences to pick up. (e.g. recipes, fact sheets etc.). Mystery boxes
can be incorporated into the kiosk display.
- The kiosks and other education components MUST be in an area protected from the weather, either in a building or a tent with sides. Failure to do so will result in the display being reduced or removed entirely by ambassadors, at their discretion, to protect the display materials and ensure the safety of event visitors.
- If possible, it is preferred that the trailer be included in the kiosks display area to provide a more effective overall display. If event space availability does not permit placement of the trailer with kiosks, then parking for the trailer must be provided on the grounds as close to the kiosks as possible.
- An additional roll-off bin that opens up to display various models of farm machinery for children to play
with within the display area.
- The Trailer and displays will arrive on site at a time mutually agreed upon by the event organizers and
the driver. Ambassadors will arrive during the time outlined to manage the display and act as Agricultural Ambassadors for your event. On occasion, due to trucking logistics, it may be necessary for the display to remain onsite passed the closing time of your event. This will be
setup between the Event organizer and the Driver.
- Two (2) Durham Farm Connections Agricultural Ambassadors will be present with the trailer and kiosks
during operating hours of an event to engage visitors and extend their agricultural awareness. Parking
and admission passes must be provided for all DFC Ambassadors.
- An additional roll-off unit that carries “mini Maple the cow” will be included if available. This hands-on
learning tool aids audiences to learn about the dairy industry. An electrical outlet is required for “mini
- All required electrical cords will be supplied by DFC and will conform to ESA standards. The Event Host is
responsible for providing covers for all cords within the display. Setup will take account to minimize
cords within the traffic areas of the display.
All about ...
Buying Local Food
- Buy Local! Buy Fresh!
- Ontario is home to incredible farms, chefs and retailers producing and using fresh, local products.
- We are passionate about getting fresh, healthy, affordable local food from our family farms to your family table!
- Get to know your farmer, they take pride in the work they do for you!