High School Program
Each year a different high school in Durham Region is host to this exciting program.
Designed to align with curriculum requirements, science classes attend the program for one class period (75 minutes) and rotate through 8 interactive agriculture-themed stations, each showcasing the science in agriculture and encouraging students to consider careers in agri-business.
All about ...
- More than 30 different breeds of sheep can be found on the farms in Ontario.
- Smaller farms have flocks of 50-200 sheep.
- Larger farms have 800-1200 sheep.
- Sheep produce many useful by-products.
- A lamb knows its mother by the bleating sound she makes.