High School Program
Each year a different high school in Durham Region is host to this exciting program.
Designed to align with curriculum requirements, science classes attend the program for one class period (75 minutes) and rotate through 8 interactive agriculture-themed stations, each showcasing the science in agriculture and encouraging students to consider careers in agri-business.
All about ...
- Farming sustainably means taking into consideration all five principals of sustainable food.
- Why do farmers use pesticides?
- What is Genetic Engineering and biotechnology?
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Farmers use good bugs to fight bad ones.