High School Program
Each year a different high school in Durham Region is host to this exciting program.
Designed to align with curriculum requirements, science classes attend the program for one class period (75 minutes) and rotate through 8 interactive agriculture-themed stations, each showcasing the science in agriculture and encouraging students to consider careers in agri-business.
All about ...
- Generates 9 billion in economic output.
- Six million acres farmed.
- 97% of farms are family owned and operated.
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Grains are used for both human and animal consumption as well as many other products you use everyday.