Grade 3 Program
This fantastic event, now in its 14th year, is organized and hosted by the dedicated volunteers of the agriculture and education communities.
Each year, over 1000 students rotate through 8 different agriculture-themed stations that include live animal displays and hands-on demonstrations by local farmers. This year’s stations include:
- Beef Cattle
- Dairy Cattle
- Egg Production
- Land Stewardship
This program aligns well with the Science, Health and Social Studies Curriculum for Grade 3 students and you will wish you were still in Grade 3!
All about ...
- Farming sustainably means taking into consideration all five principals of sustainable food.
- Why do farmers use pesticides?
- What is Genetic Engineering and biotechnology?
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Farmers use good bugs to fight bad ones.