Grade 3 Program
To our valued students, teachers, supporters and friends, given the current circumstances and the ever-changing threat of COVID-19 virus, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Grade 3 event. We wish you health and look forward to seeing you in 2021.
This fantastic event, now in its 14th year, is organized and hosted by the dedicated volunteers of the agriculture and education communities.
Each year, over 1000 students rotate through 8 different agriculture-themed stations that include live animal displays and hands-on demonstrations by local farmers. This year’s stations include:
- Beef Cattle
- Dairy Cattle
- Egg Production
- Land Stewardship
This program aligns well with the Science, Health and Social Studies Curriculum for Grade 3 students and you will wish you were still in Grade 3!
All about ...
- Farming sustainably means taking into consideration all five principals of sustainable food.
- Why do farmers use pesticides?
- What is Genetic Engineering and biotechnology?
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Farmers use good bugs to fight bad ones.