Farm Connections Open House
Durham Region residents are invited to attend the Farm Connections Open House on April 3, 2019, 4:30 – 8:00 p.m at the Luther Vipond Memorial Arena in Brooklin.
Bring the whole family to this annual interactive hands-on event and learn about agriculture in Durham Region. Meet local farmers and their animals, learn about how crops are grown and where your food comes from.
Live demonstrations will take place throughout the evening. Watch a cow being milked, see a sheep shearer in action, and sample a tasty treat made from locally grown food and prepared right before your eyes by a local chef.
Admission is free but donations of non-perishable food items will be gratefully accepted on behalf of the local food bank.
All about ...
- Generates 9 billion in economic output.
- Six million acres farmed.
- 97% of farms are family owned and operated.
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Grains are used for both human and animal consumption as well as many other products you use everyday.