Agriculture Education for All Ages!
Durham Farm Connections runs programs for the young and the young at heart.
From programs specifically tailored to align with school curriculums, to our Open House event, there are many opportunities to learn about where your food comes from – directly from the people who produce it!
All about ...
- More than 30 different breeds of sheep can be found on the farms in Ontario.
- Smaller farms have flocks of 50-200 sheep.
- Larger farms have 800-1200 sheep.
- Sheep produce many useful by-products.
- A lamb knows its mother by the bleating sound she makes.