Agriculture Education for All Ages!
Durham Farm Connections runs programs for the young and the young at heart.
From programs specifically tailored to align with school curriculums, to our Open House event, there are many opportunities to learn about where your food comes from – directly from the people who produce it!
All about ...
- Farming sustainably means taking into consideration all five principals of sustainable food.
- Why do farmers use pesticides?
- What is Genetic Engineering and biotechnology?
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Farmers use good bugs to fight bad ones.