Celebrate Agriculture Gala
A night to celebrate agriculture in Durham Region!
An evening to celebrate Durham’s agricultural roots! Those in the agriculture community are invited to come out and enjoy delicious food, entertainment, a silent and live auction and a chance to connect with friends in the community. The fourth annual Durham Farm Connections Celebrate Agriculture Gala will benefit agricultural awareness efforts in Durham Region.
This year the evening will also celebrate all farm families in the Region who have been farming for at least 150 years in Canada and presently farm in Durham Region.
Date: October 25, 2018
Time: 5:30 social hour, 7:00 dinner
Location: Scugog Community Centre
Tickets $55 per person. Email email@example.com to reserve your tickets.
All about ...
- Farming sustainably means taking into consideration all five principals of sustainable food.
- Why do farmers use pesticides?
- What is Genetic Engineering and biotechnology?
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Farmers use good bugs to fight bad ones.