Celebrate Agriculture Gala
A night to celebrate agriculture in Durham Region!
An evening to celebrate Durham’s agricultural roots! Those in the agriculture community are invited to come out and enjoy delicious food, entertainment, a silent and live auction and a chance to connect with friends in the community. The fourth annual Durham Farm Connections Celebrate Agriculture Gala will benefit agricultural awareness efforts in Durham Region.
This year the evening will also celebrate all farm families in the Region who have been farming for at least 150 years in Canada and presently farm in Durham Region.
Date: October 26, 2017
Time: 6:00 social hour, 7:00 dinner
Location: Scugog Community Centre
All about ...
- Generates 9 billion in economic output.
- Six million acres farmed.
- 97% of farms are family owned and operated.
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Grains are used for both human and animal consumption as well as many other products you use everyday.