Durham Farm Connections provides agricultural education opportunities for the farm and non-farm communities in Durham Region to ensure the viability of the agriculture sector.
As volunteers who are agricultural producers and/or industry stakeholders, we have a passion and vested interest in providing agriculture education to the residents of Durham Region.
It began in 2006 with the curriculum-based Grade 3 program. Since then, Farm Connections has grown to offer many opportunities for the local community to learn about how Durham Region Farmers help to put food on your dinner plate.
Through initiatives such as our High School Program and Open House, as well as having a presence at County Fairs and Events with our All About…Farming Trailer, Durham Farm Connections provides an unparalleled and exciting agriculture education experience.
All about ...
- More than 30 different breeds of sheep can be found on the farms in Ontario.
- Smaller farms have flocks of 50-200 sheep.
- Larger farms have 800-1200 sheep.
- Sheep produce many useful by-products.
- A lamb knows its mother by the bleating sound she makes.