Durham Farm Connections provides agricultural education opportunities for the farm and non-farm communities in Durham Region to ensure the viability of the agriculture sector.
As volunteers who are agricultural producers and/or industry stakeholders, we have a passion and vested interest in providing agriculture education to the residents of Durham Region.
It began in 2006 with the curriculum-based Grade 3 program. Since then, Farm Connections has grown to offer many opportunities for the local community to learn about how Durham Region Farmers help to put food on your dinner plate.
Through initiatives such as our High School Program and Open House, as well as having a presence at County Fairs and Events with our All About…Farming Trailer, Durham Farm Connections provides an unparalleled and exciting agriculture education experience.
All about ...
- Generates 9 billion in economic output.
- Six million acres farmed.
- 97% of farms are family owned and operated.
- Farmers rotate crops to keep nutrients in the soil.
- Grains are used for both human and animal consumption as well as many other products you use everyday.